SDG Ambition is a 6-month long accelerator that aims to challenge and support participating companies of the UN Global Compact in setting ambitious corporate targets and accelerating integration of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into core business management.
As we look to recover better from COVID-19, companies around the world have a unique window of opportunity to develop post-pandemic business strategies that fully integrate the SDGs and help to build more inclusive and sustainable societies. SDG Ambition enables companies to move beyond incremental progress and step-up transformative change – unlocking business value, building business resilience, and enabling long-term growth.
SDG Ambition will empower and equip participating companies of the UN Global Compact to develop and implement innovative business strategies that significantly increase their positive impact on the SDGs. By participating in this program, companies will assess current performance, identify risk areas, discover new opportunities across business units and functions, and take ambitious business action towards achieving the SDGs.
By joining the SDG Ambition accelerator, participating companies will learn:
- How to strategically prioritize actions that will accelerate your company’s contribution to the 2030 Agenda.
- How to set targets aligned with absolute benchmarks that today may seem aspirational but are critical to spearhead the transformation of economies and societies.
- How to approach sustainability management differently and design new systems integrating the SDGs.
- How to build a business case and generate buy-in within your company.
By joining the SDG Ambition accelerator, participating companies will receive the following benefits:
- An understanding of baseline impacts across the business in creating a comprehensive sustainability strategy.
- The ability to achieve ambitious goals aimed at galvanizing business action with what is required to achieve the SDGs.
- An overview of how to integrate and mainstream ambitious sustainability goals across business units by pioneering a performance integration approach that utilizes enabling technologies.
- An opportunity to communicate and track progress over time.
- The foundational tools and understanding to build a business case.
- Insight into industries with an outsized impact on the SDGs.
- Ability to develop and share ambitious business actions on the SDGs alongside a diverse group of leaders from numerous corporations.
- Certificate demonstrating completion of program.
June 15, 2021: Registration opens
September 30, 2021: Registration closes
October 2021: Participant onboarding
November 2021 – April 2022: Accelerator sessions
An informational webinar to share details about SDG Ambition will take place on June 24, 2021. Register for the webinar here.
The following eligibility requirements apply in order to participate in the SDG Ambition accelerator:
- A Canadian business Participant or Signatory of the UN Global Compact or a Canadian subsidiary engaged with Global Compact Network Canada
- Committed to strengthening corporate target setting and action to increase progress on the SDGs
- Willing to appoint two (2) representatives to participate in program activities and events as well as one (1) executive-level ambassador to follow program developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
The following fees apply in order to participate in the SDG Ambition accelerator:
UN Global Compact Participant: CAD 600 (plus HST)
UN Global Compact Signatory: CAD 900 (plus HST)
GCNC Premium Supporter: 25% discount
GCNC Patron Supporter: 50% discount
GCNC Visionary Supporter: 50% discount
Global Compact Network Canada is recruiting participants from June 15, 2021 – September 30, 2021.
Reach out to Ayman Chowdhury at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about SDG Ambition.