In April 2020, United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called on leaders at all levels to protect children from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 188 countries have imposed school closures, affecting over 1.5 billion children.
- 368.5 million children in 143 countries who relied on school meals are now going hungry.
- Children are facing increased risks of online exploitation and domestic violence.
These impacts will directly affect your employees and your company, and could reverse recent progress towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
How can Canadian businesses respond in a manner that safeguards their staff and operations which are already facing multiple challenges? How can they build back better in the post-pandemic world?
Global Compact Network Canada and UNICEF Canada have teamed up with the private sector to equip businesses to answer these questions. You are invited to join a one hour webinar where you will:
- Learn about the family-friendly workplace practices you can implement in response to COVID-19.
- Ask other Canadian businesses how they are already addressing children’s rights and wellbeing.
- Receive an invitation to join a working group to assess how Canadian companies can integrate children’s considerations into their domestic and overseas approaches to contributing to the SDGs.