Target Gender Equality is a year-long accelerator program for participating companies of the UN Global Compact to set and reach ambitious corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership.
Through facilitated performance analysis, capacity building workshops, peer-to-peer learning, and multi-stakeholder dialogue at the country-level, companies can deepen the implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Principles and strengthen their contribution to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 5.5 which calls for women’s full participation and equal opportunities for leadership, including in economic life, by 2030.
Why Your Company Should Join Target Gender Equality
Global Compact Network Canada is offering Target Gender Equality from March 2021-March 2022. By joining the Target Gender Equality program, participating companies will receive the following benefits:
- Confidently set ambitious and realistic corporate targets for women’s representation and leadership demonstrating commitment and action to your employees, investors and other stakeholders
- Engage in accelerated learning opportunities, identify enabling policies and practices, and develop a tailored action plan to support accountability
- Understand your current gender equality performance through the facilitated use of the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) Gender Gap Analysis Tool and explore aggregate results with peers to identify common challenges and opportunities
- Build a network of peers, UN partners and experts to support your gender equality strategy and work collectively to tackle persistent barriers to gender equality
- Network with colleagues across all regions in an exclusive Target Gender Equality LinkedIn Group
- Showcase women leaders in your company who are driving contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals
Program Activities and Timeline
March – May 30, 2021: Recruitment
June – September 2021: Performance Analysis and results discussions through the WEPs Gender Gap Analysis Tool
September 2021 – February 2022: Three capacity building workshops and the completion of an Action Planning Guide to support participants to apply learnings within their company’s context
- Workshop 1: “Setting Targets & Defining Ambition”
- Workshop 2: “Strategies for Success”
- Workshop 3: “Measuring & Communicating Progress”
December 2021 – March 2022: Multi-Stakeholder Action Dialogues to advocate and raise the bar for gender equality
Interested in Participating?
The following eligibility requirements apply in order to participate in the Target Gender Equality program:
- Companies must be a Participant or Signatory of the UN Global Compact
- Companies must be committed to strengthening corporate targets and advancing progress to increase women’s representation and leadership in business
- Companies need to appoint two (2) representatives to participate in program activities as well as one (1) executive-level ambassador to provide support and participate in high-level activities
*Local network fees may apply
Ready to Apply?
Reach out to Brittany Gataveckas at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about Target Gender Equality or to discuss Global Compact Network Canada’s gender equality initiatives.