The Climate Ambition Accelerator is a six-month accelerator programme designed to equip companies with the knowledge and skills that need to accelerate progress towards setting science-based emissions reduction targets aligned with the 1.5º pathway, setting them on a path towards net-zero emissions by 2050.
Led by the United Nations Global Compact with support from Patrons Ørsted and Natura & Co and sponsored by En+ Group, the Climate Ambition Accelerator aims to scale-up credible climate action across companies of all sizes, sectors and regions, enabling them to deliver on meaningful commitments to reduce emissions at scale. The Climate Ambition Accelerator builds on the UN Global Compact’s work to develop and promote the Science Based Targets initiative, its net-zero standards, and Business Ambition for 1.5°C campaign and will contribute to initiatives such as the Race to Zero campaign.
Through the Climate Ambition Accelerator, UN Global Compact will help participating companies gain access to global best practices, peer-to-peer learning opportunities, capacity building sessions and on-demand training.
Perhaps your company has not yet set emissions targets, or you’ve created targets without using the science-based targets methodology. Maybe you’re overwhelmed by the technical requirements involved. No matter where you are in your sustainability journey, the Climate Ambition Accelerator will help you get started and make progress towards setting ambitious emission targets. Participant benefits include:
- Learn how to set science-based emission reduction targets to achieve net-zero by 2050
- Motivate investors, leadership, employees and shareholders with an emission reduction plan that sets your organization apart in the market
- Gain a clear understanding of the Science-Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) and the net-zero concept, including methodologies, requirements, processes, benefits and applicability
- Hear from peers and share insights in group sessions
- Take advantage of on-demand learning that enables you to work at your own pace
- Get access to industry experts and networking opportunities
- Benefit from local delivery combined with global insights and best practices
Company registration: March 1 – May 15 2022
The programme begins: in May 2022
The programme ends: in October 2022
The following eligibility requirements apply in order to participate in the SDG Ambition accelerator:
- A Canadian business Participant of the UN Global Compact
- Committed to strengthening corporate target setting and action to increase progress on the SDGs
- Willing to appoint two (2) representatives to participate in programme activities and events as well as one (1) executive-level ambassador to follow programme developments, provide support and participate in high-level events
The cost of joining as a UN Global Compact participant is $900 CAD (plus HST)